If your New Year’s resolution is to be more active, check out these picturesque North American parks with amazing hiking trails:
- The Grand Canyon, Arizona: Climb 4,500 feet in 9.5 miles (but be sure to rest for 15 mins every hour)
- Arches National Park, Utah: Hike to see the stunning naturally formed rock arch in the desert!
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah: Take a stroll in and around the hoodoos (tall, thin rock formations).
- Mt. Whitney, Sequoia National Park and Inyo National Forest, California: A 22-mile round trip challenge you can do over several days.
- Dante’s View, Death Valley National Park, California: Go 5,000 feet up to highest point in Death Valley to admire the views.
- Banff National Park, Alberta: With over 1,600 km of winding trails, there is something for every skill level here.
- Fundy National Park, New Brunswick: Hike around the Bay of Fundy — one of the seven wonders of the world!
- Bruce Peninsula National Park Ontario: Experience Canada’s oldest and longest footpath, spanning 750 km!
- The Great Trail, Canada: One of the world’s longest trail networks that, when completed, will stretch nearly 24,000 km from the Atlantic to the Pacific!
- Juan De Fuca Marine Trail, British Columbia: Walk along 47 km trail through the wilderness of Vancouver Islands most remote and isolated shoreline.
Before any hike or outdoor activity, make sure you packed safety and emergency equipment, and that your shoelaces are tied! Check out the super strong laces from Ironlace.