Here’s a few tidbits for shoe trivia buffs!
- The boots Neil Armstrong wore on the moon are still floating around space.
- Sneakers were first made in America in 1916.
- It took until the nineteenth century for “right” and “left” shoes to be created. Before then, both shoes were the same.
- Glamour magazine found that the average woman will buy 469 pairs of shoes in her lifetime.
- In North Dakota, it is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on. laces are ok.
- In China, one of the bride’s red shoes is tossed from the roof to ensure happiness for the couple.
- The Bata shoe museum in Toronto, Canada is the only shoe museum in North America.
- At birth a foot contains 22 bones. By school age, the number is 45. Then over the next decade and a bit, the bones fuse to create the 26 bones of the adult foot.
- Altocalciphilia is the condition of having a high heel fetish.
- In the Middle East, heels were added to shoes to lift the foot from the burning sand.
Thanks to CasualMaxx!