Just for fun, here’s a little bit of shoe trivia for you!
– The boots Neil Armstrong wore on the moon are still floating around space.
– Sneakers were first made in America in 1916 and were originally called keds.
– It took until the nineteenth century for “right” and “left” shoes to be created. Before then, both shoes were the same.
– Glamour magazine found that the average woman will buy 469 pairs of shoes in her lifetime.
– In North Dakota, it is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.
– In China, one of the bride’s red shoes is tossed from the roof to ensure happiness for the couple.
– The Bata shoe museum in Toronto, Canada is the only shoe museum in North America.
– At birth a foot contains 22 bones. By school age, the number is 45. Then over the next decade and a bit, the bones fuse to create the 26 bones of the adult foot.
– Altocalciphilia is the condition of having a high heel fetish.
– In the Middle East, heels were added to shoes to lift the foot from the burning sand.
… and now you know
Thanks to CasualMaxx!